Hey there, mamas! ICYMI, I’ve been on a little self-imposed maternity leave from the Ailana J. blog. This pregnancy has been harder on me than my first, and my workload had also doubled since my first pregnancy due to structural changes as a result of the impact of COVID. I was having a really hard time taking care of myself and doing all the Ailana J. things I wanted to be doing. So I had to force myself to take a break from something – and that something was the AJ blog.
Well, baby is still baking (fingers crossed she keeps baking until she’s full term, unlike her big brother!) and I am now on my REAL maternity leave from my full time job. While I’m supposed to be resting so baby girl stays IN a little longer, I am also full blown nesting.
My biggest task for the week? PACKING MY HOSPITAL BAG.
Mason was born at 36 weeks. I’m currently 35 weeks and a few days, so, while I have high hopes baby girl will listen to me and be born full term, I’m getting prepared early just in case! And I’m taking a break from my self-imposed blog maternity leave to share my COMPLETE HOSPITAL BAG CHECKLIST with YOU!
When I was a first time mama, I had no idea what to pack. What would I actually use? What would I want from home to make the stay more comfy? What would I want to help me get through labor? Now that I’ve been through it once, I know my checklist is clutch. I’ve shared it with a lot of my first time mama friends who have asked for help in this department, and, since we’re all friends here, I want to share it with you too!
If you’re an expecting mama, you have ENOUGH on your mind. Don’t stress about what to pack for the hospital – I got you. Save this checklist for stress-free packing!
- Hospital paperwork
- Bluetooth speakers + a really good playlist
- Lavender essential oils (really helps with pain management!)
- Re-usable water bottle
- Portable cell phone charger
- Lip balm
- SNACKS (things you can eat to help you get through labor, snacks for hubby, + snacks for the remainder of your hospital stay)
- Toothbrush + toothpaste + floss
- Face wash + moisturizer
- Shampoo + conditioner + dry shampoo
- Body wash
- Hubby’s toiletries (don’t forget shaving cream + razor too!)
- Makeup remover wipes
- Basic makeup
- Contacts + glasses (or any other personal necessity like this that applies to you!)
- Hair brush + hair ties
- Socks + slippers + flip flops
- Robe + pajamas
- 2-3 changes of clothes for you + hubby (or other support person with you)
- Going home outfit for you (mine is the Josephina Tank + leggings!)
- Going home outfit for baby (bring 2 options: newborn size and 0-3M size – you never know how big baby is going to be!)
- Nursing bras + nursing pads
- Nipple cream
- Bath towels (the hospital ones suck)
- Pillows + blankets (again…the hospital ones suck)
- Car seat (make sure you install in the car ahead of time!)
- WINE + plastic cups (if you miss wine as much as I do!)
- Pediatrician contact info
- Things for baby’s first picture (in my case: cute swaddle, matching bow headband, a sign, and matching jammies for me!)
Hope this helps you out, mama! Happy packing + best wishes for a safe delivery to all you expecting mamas out there!